The Moses Kimball Fund Trustees emphasize grants to organizations which either provide jobs to minorities and disadvantaged members of the Greater Boston community, or links between educational organizations and the needy members of the adjacent communities.
The Moses Kimball Fund Trustees accept grant applications beginning June 1st and ending March 1st of each year. Grant making decisions and distributions are made at the Trustees meeting in April.
How to Apply:
In order to apply for a grant we ask you to send us the following items arranged in the order listed. All documents must be printed double sided, including the original.
- Cover Sheet - signed and dated
- If you include a cover letter, which is not required, please put it behind the cover sheet of each application.
- A proposal telling us about your organization. Which should include the following:
- Amount you are requesting
- What you want the funding for
- A projected budget
- Most recent and prior-year audited financial statements.
- If you cannot provide audited statements, please include a statement on letterhead of why not and include supplemental information such as unaudited statements, which are preferred over 990s *do not include both
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet for last 2 years. (if they are not included in your financial statements)
- Copy of your IRS tax-exempt status letter
- **If you received a grant last year, insert here a year-end report giving an accounting of how the Kimball Fund's grant funds were used and a copy of your annual report**
- Specific and accurate financial data which measure the success of your programs, and/or program evaluations, such as year-end/annual statements
Do not include the following:
- Table of contents and/or enclosure page(s)
We need one (1) original and two (2) full copies of the application (3 total) including full copies of all the attachments, all printed double sided.
In addition, please email a scanned PDF version of the original application to the email address below. Please make sure to send ONE (1) PDF, of the entire application, do not send individual PDF's of each section.
All application information will be kept strictly confidential.
Deadlines for application and subsequent reporting:
- March 1st
All applications must be received by the deadline.
If the deadline is a Sunday, all applications are due on Monday, no exceptions.
If you are having trouble accessing the cover sheet, please click on the link below to download Adobe Reader.
Moses Kimball Fund
Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge Office
230 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02110